Clifford A. Silverman, O.D.
Diplomate, American Board of Optometry
Dr. Silverman received his Bachelor of Science degree in Psychobiology from UCLA in 1981. While at UCLA, Dr. Silverman studied at the Jules Stein Eye Institute where he co-authored several research reports published in leading Ophthalmology and scientific journals. He received his Doctor of Optometry degree from UC Berkeley School of Optometry in 1986 as a Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honor Society honor student.
Dr. Silverman is currently licensed to treat external eye disease and glaucoma. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor at Western University of Health Sciences, College of Optometry, Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry, a member of the American Optometric Association, California Optometric Association, Orthokeratology Academy of America, National Eye Research Foundation, and is a Peer Reviewer for Blue Shield of Claifornia. Dr. Silverman is a past president of the San Fernando Valley Optometric Society and the Mojave Desert Optometric Society, and proud to be a Vision Source Eyecare Network provider.
When not in the office, Dr. Silverman is an avid cyclist, participating in endurance road cycling and mountain biking events, and is proud to be an active member of the Antelope Valley cycling community.
Dr. Silverman in the news:
- AV Press Business Success Story October 2008
- AV Press Tips for Kids Vision Story August 2009
- AV Press Fashion Eyewear Story August 2009
- AV Press Contact Lens Story September 2010 front page
- AV Press Contact Lens Story September 2010 back page
- AV Press Contact Lens Story October 2011 front page
- AV Press Contact Lens Story October 2011 back page